Teams & Teamwork - The Foundation of Shared Leadership
Team members and leaders will discover a new set of insights and
teamwork skills within the "Teams & Teamwork" workshop. Using teams
and encouraging teamwork can be effective ways to get results; however,
teams are often improperly used and misunderstood. This workshop helps
team members understand team dynamics, use appropriate team processes,
and respect individual differences, resulting in Shared Leadership and
overall improved Team Effectiveness! This interactive workshop
accomplishes its objectives through experience, rather than lecture.
Throughout this workshop, a useful model of group development and team
process guides understanding and the selection of appropriate next
Learning by experience and a debriefing process within "Learning
Teams", the following objectives are met:
- Given membership in a new learning team, participants learn a
time tested new team start-up process.
- Given a measurement of the personality characteristics of the
individual team members, the team will practice dealing with, and
ultimately complement, each other's personality strengths to enhance
more effective team interaction.
- Given team problem solving activities, the team members build
decision making and problem solving skills, with the appropriate amount
of team member involvement.
- Given a positive learning atmosphere, team members begin to
improve and build team member relationships.
- Given a team development diagnostic and action tool, team members
will appropriately determine next steps to keep their learning teams
- Given an understanding of teams and teamwork within the workshop,
the participants will plan for ways to effectively apply new learning
to their own teams.
- Teams & Teamwork Introduction
- New Team Start-up Process
- Team Development
- Decision-Making Options- Is Consensus The Only Way?
- Exploring Interdependency
- Understanding Styles - Why Can't You Be More Like Me?
- Styles in Action
- Team Challenge
- Changing Behavior Through Feedback
- Application Planning
- Team Closure and Celebration
Duration: 1 day