In today’s work environment, getting things done quicker and done
right the first time are success factors for organizations. Project management
skills are essential for this.
In many ways, a project is like a start-up organization - people working
together (often for the first time) to achieve what is often an unclear outcome
with limited resources at their disposal.
This workshop is based on eight competency areas that have been found to
be critical for project success. It provides those working on projects with
the tools needed for successfully managing and participating on projects,
using a customer-focused, end-result approach.
Target Audience: Project leaders, managers and team members
working on large and small projects in all areas including engineering, product
development, information systems, health care, process improvement, human
resources, manufacturing, etc. (Can be offered to intact project teams or
individual project managers and team members.)
Program Format: Facilitated workshop using demonstrations,
case studies and real-world application to participant projects.
- At the end of this program, participants will have the tools to:
- Reduce the time and cost required for project implementation
through improved coordination, communication and risk management to help
reduce unproductive time
- Have a consistent, repeatable approach with a logical,
documented methodology so that successful projects can be repeated and the
skills for their attainment can be shared with those who need them
- Maintain focus on the end result with clearly documented
outcomes that are visible to the whole project team
- Take action with confidence by using a systematic approach
- Topics Include:
- Project Scope Summary - To clearly define the project
and get everyone focused on the same outcome.
- Team/Stakeholder Identification - To assure that all
the necessary functions and stakeholders are involved.
- Plans, Schedules and Budgets - To assure that all necessary
tasks and costs are accounted for. (includes PERT, GANTT, Milestones,
- Hand-off Management - To assure that key hand-offs between
project stakeholders are successfully managed.
- Measurement - To assure that key transactions between
Customers and suppliers (internal and external) are being completed successfully.
- Communication - To assure that project stakeholders
get accurate information when they need it.
- Risk Management - To minimize the likelihood that unexpected
problems will cause project failure.
- Team Performance Management - To assure successful individual
and team performance.
Duration: 2 days