New Leader Assimilation
New Leader Assimilation is a simple, yet powerful process
integrate a new leader into an established organization.
- Help acquaint the leader, the leader’s vision,
expectations, wants, and style with team members.
- Smooth the assimilation of the new leader to ensure a
level of productivity.
- Create an understanding of how the organization prefers to
work together, prefers to be managed, and what is expected of both the
leader and members.
- Listed agreements for the leader and group.
- Contract for working potential problems.
- Common set of expectations
Typical format includes the following, but is not open and
flexible to the needs of the Leader and the members. We discuss
why we are
here and what we want to accomplish. Both the leader and the existing
convey their thoughts about the development of this new relationship,
In each of these areas, some of the informational categories which
guide the discussion may include:
- Wants- This is an expression of what the leader and the
group want to learn about each other.
- Concerns - This is both a short and long term view of what
become a problem if we don't work on them now.
- Expectations - This is a short and realistic view of what
happen for us to successfully work together.
- Problem solving and decision making approaches
- Leadership style
- Communication preference
- Preferred style to be personally managed
- Level of responsibility/ authority
- Working climate
- Job recognition
RECENT CLIENT RESULTS:|
Large Insurance and Financial Systems
Team - Designed and facilitated the new leader assimilation
for a new leader, charged with leading an aggressive set of project